Monday, July 10, 2006

The Taste of Summer... All Winter Long


In thinking about today's post, I realized that although red is not my favorite color, many of my favorite things are red. Crisp red apples, Maine lobster, ready to eat, shiny red convertibles (my fantasy car) and strawberries. This morning Dan and I went to Fairwinds Farm in Bowdoinham and picked 26 pounds of strawberries, destined for the freezer with a few reserved for fresh eating.

Although the season is coming to an end, we hope to go once more, for jam and freezing. Homemade strawberry jam on homemade bread in the depths of winter =YUM.

Once we are done with the berries, it will be back to painting the barn -- I ran out of paint yesterday, with all but a tiny corner finished. We'll need a second coat, unfortunately (make mental note, next time, tint the primer!)


No comments: