We finished the deck landing today. Dan stopped by HD yesterday and bought 3 additional faux brick pavers, so this morning, before it got too awfully hot, we finished. (You can see the 3 new pavers on the far right, by the barn door. I hope after a few weeks, they will age as the others have.)
I filled the cracks with a 50/50 mix of the screened subsoil and compost. We had some thyme happily growing in a container, so we transplanted that, and sprinkled some thyme seeds about, too, for good measure.
We'll do our best to keep it well watered for the rest of the summer to give the thyme a fighting chance, and plant more next spring.