My blogging pal Tracy over at Outside has tagged me with a meme, in which I have to share 7 pieces of information about myself, and tag seven other bloggers.
So here goes:
1. I'm a native Mainer, and although I've lived in Massachusetts and Illinois, I hope I'm now in Maine for good. As Dan and I like to say, we want to leave Henbogle feet-first.
2. My dad owned a hardware store, and I learned a lot about hardware growing up. To this day I can cut glass and thread pipe, and know more about hardware than 90% of the clerks in Home Depot --I just don't know where to find it! Part of that heritage is the love of beautiful, well made tools, like these dibbles.
3. I own my own cement mixer. It's a beautiful thing.
4. I worked at a Girl Scout camp, Camp Pondicherry, for 6 summers, and count those summers among my best ever, yet never became a girl scout.
5. I still count my first boss, the Librarian at the Norway Memorial Library, among my dearest friends.
6. All of my pets, cats Mercedes, Ocho and Paisley, and dog Fisher, were rescues. Now I need to be rescued from them. Please!
7. I had my first vegetable garden when I was in the 4th or 5th grade. Among other things, I grew potatoes which I cooked in my Easy Bake Oven, (only later using the oven to melt my Barbies and create burn victims) and was I hooked. I've been gardening ever since. Who needs dolls when you can grow things!
Now on to the fun of learning interesting bits about my blogging cronies
1. Chris at the Gorham Garden
2. Portia at In the Garden with Gentle Palm
3. "I am a violet" at the Garden Ho
4. Mary at Big World...Small Garden
5. Meresy at Edge Effect
6. Carelton Gardener at Skippy's Vegetable Garden
7. Petunia's Gardener at Petunias Garden