Sunday, March 25, 2007

An eighth of an inch

Whoo-hoo, finally, the sewing/craft closet door is on. If you recall in my earlier post, we made the door and sanded and prepped for installation, only to fine that the door frame was not square, and our door would not fit. ARGHHH! (Of course, this is not the first time we've experienced the lack of squareness in our 1880 cape --you'd think we'd have learned by now.)

This morning, Dan trimmed the merest eighth of an inch off the bottom of the doorwith his circular saw (he is a master with a circular saw) and then we hung the door from shiny brass hinges. I can't get over how nice it looks without seeing all that messy but necessary clutter! For handles, I used more beach stone knobs made with a few of the beach stones I've collected over the years.

We are almost done now. We put felt pads on the chair legs to protect the floor from scratches; I have to touch up a few scratches in the floor; polyurethane the new closet door, and finish the decorative touches. I can see the finish line....

No comments: