Thursday, February 22, 2007

Can we come in?

Last night, on my way out to the freezer in the shed to get something for dinner, out of the corner of my eye I saw something suspiciously chicken-shaped on the deck.

Yep, it was indeed a chicken, 5 chickens, to be precise, staring intently at the door into the shed. Iris the escape artist must have figured out how to open the gate, and led the girls down the path to to the house for a visit.

It w
as almost dark, I don't know whether they came down to the house to come inside, or to let us know they were unable to get through the gate, and thus inside the coop to roost for the night.

I called Dan to come and look, and we both had a good laugh, then he led the girls back to Henbogle Coop for the night. (If you look carefully, you can just see Dan's legs at the top of the bottom photo.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can`t believe you got no comments on this entry. I think it`s hilarious. Watch out ! I now know how to make comments properly.

Ali said...

We thought it was hilarious, too. I'm glad to know you'll be commenting more often, I love hearing from you!

XO,
Ali

Anonymous said...

I agree, it was a hoot! I love when animals follow you. Pumpkin used to do it.