Wednesday, April 11, 2007

More Snow? I could use some global warming here!

This morning's forecast from the National Weather Service:
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. North wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Thursday: Periods of snow between 8am and 2pm, then periods of sleet after 2pm. High near 39. East wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Periods of sleet before 8pm, then periods of rain and sleet between 8pm and 2am, then periods of snow after 2am. Low around 29. East wind 9 to 11 mph becoming north. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Friday: Periods of snow, mainly before 8am. High near 47. North wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Friday Night: A chance of snow before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
I'm getting nervous about my FEDCO plant order, ready for pick-up on April 27. I'm expecting 20 shrubs and trees, and 6 plants. And of course, I had a several more items I decided to add over the winter and as I've been planning this spring. Am I going to be able to actually PLANT my new arrivals?


1 comment:

Vincent said...

Is it possible to put them indoors somewhere until the spring thaw comes?
The out look here in Cobleskill, NY is for 1+ inches with 6+ for the hills and the temp. is close to 50 now. I hope it works out.